I’m sure there’s something I’m missing, because I know almost nothing about circuit boards (I know what some of the symbols mean from GCSE Science and Tech and stuff but, you know, there’s a lot more to learn which I don’t expect, sadly, that I will ever know). So chances are I’d find this a lot funnier and more satisfying if I knew a bit more. But as it is, it’s very funny, in that kind of makes-you-grin-and-suddenly-the-world-seems-like-a-better-place kind of a way. Which is exactly what you need at quarter past ten when you’ve got a thumping headache and your legs hurt and you’re a million miles behind on the things you need to get done and you’re pretty sure you got no sleep whatsoever and frankly you feel a bit delirious and for some reason you’re holding a dinner party tonight and weirdly enough stressful as that will probably be it’s the thing that’s getting you through to the end of the day.
God why am I such a grumpy old man at the moment?
Ten Good Things:
- The sun is shining and it’s a beautiful day.
- Radio 3 is playing a pretty damn good selection of music for this time of day.
- I have a job I actually kind of enjoy and switching to doing it onscreen isn’t half as bad as I thought it would be.
- Lots of plans are all shaping up rather fantastically and it looks like I might actually be left with some choices which was not something I expected.
- I haven’t actually run my way through my entire student loan yet. I haven’t even tried. I’m growing up, see?
- Dinner and pub quiz later :). Look! I have a social life! Not just a billion commitments and societies. Win.
- Not only have I got my house sorted for next year, it’s starting to look like my house for the year after will be sorted too.
- Yesterday I weighed myself for the first time in several months and without having even thought about it one way or the other I am actually about my ideal weight at the moment. I love being twenty sometimes…!
- Erm. Ooh! Choir concert next week. I don’t think it’ll be the best ever but it will be shockingly good fun because, well, Bach, Stravinsky, Ligeti, Xenakis. And I’m in the Xenakis! Seriously, guys, win.
- There is such a thing as XKCD in the world. Huzzah.